BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

::::Drumroll::::

I'm an RN!!! I've known for about 12hrs, but I was at work today so I couldn't post this until now. Sorry if I kept anyone waiting in suspense! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! This is one of the best feelings EVER!! No more studying, no more tests, no more constant stress....at least about school, haha! I can't even begin to describe how good it feels to FINALLY be done with this 5 year mission (5 years in college...but much longer in the pursuit of this dream!). Once I turn in my paper license, which should arrive in the mail by Saturday according to my classmates, I will get my pay raise (yay!), be able to pass meds and handle IVs AND get my new uniforms for work. :-) SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! But scared at the same time...with the initials RN come great responsibility...and yes, I am terrified of being on my own in postpartum. I don't care if people say it's the easiest department to work in, and I don't care that I've been in that department in one position or another for 4 years now, I'm still scared to be on my own. It's a good fear, though, it would be worse if I was so confident I wasn't frightened at all. Afterall, an RN license is quite realistically a license to kill. Scary thought, but remembering that will keep me humble. I'm just SOOOO excited to finally be able to say I'M A NURSE!!!


::::::Drumroll::::::


~Abigail Sampson, RN~

5 comments:

Mom said...

WHOO-HOO!! I'm so proud of you daughter. You've reached your dream that started when you were seven years old (maybe earlier). What an accomplishment.

Blair said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Andrew Meeusen said...

Congratulations, Abigail! You'll do a fantastic job in postpartum. The initials RN do come with a lot of responsibility, but I don't think there's a person on the planet who knows you who doesn't think you will handle it all beautifully!

Way to go!

thejacksgraze said...

way to be!

Journey_On said...

Congratulations, Abigail!! :)