I started doing tummy time with Avi when she was about three weeks old. I don't know why I waited, one day it just occurred to me that I should throw a blanket on the floor and play with her instead of holding her constantly, hehe. Plus, the first 2-3 weeks of life pretty much entailed sleep, wake up for diaper change, eat, spit up and eat some more (lol), back to sleep, repeat. I started to notice longer alert and awake periods at about 3 weeks. So anyway, I pulled out a blanket and onto her tummy she went. I started snapping pictures, and this is what happened...
"Oh look! Fuzz!"

"I wonder what it tastes like?"

:::nom nom nom:::

"Ewww."

So tummy time lasted all of about five minutes before I had to rescue the apparently starving baby and feed her. :-P Here's another picture of her later that morning:
10/6/10--20 days old

Remember how I said she sleeps, eats, spits up and eats some more? Yeah, I wasn't kidding...she's quite the spitter!! Thus the clothing change. Sometimes several times a day...good thing we have lots of outfits!! But we did get smart and started putting bibs on her most of the time. And we always have a burp cloth (or two or ten) nearby. She rarely burps for us, but she sure does spit!! She's gaining weight really well despite the spitting issue, though. At her two-week check up on Sept 30th she weighed exactly 9 pounds...although I don't know how accurate it was because it wasn't a digital scale, it was one of those kinds where you have to slide the little piece until the bar levels out...and then on Oct 8th at our Breastfeeding Support Group she was 9-12!! That was almost two weeks ago (already!) and I will be weighing her again on the 22nd. I have a feeling she's over 11 pounds now...we shall see!
0 comments:
Post a Comment