Wait, did I just say 11 days? That's not much! And Monkey could really be here anytime before that too. Crazy!
Just wanted to update on our appt and ultrasound yesterday. Everything is looking good! My blood pressure is still bordering on the high side, but not enough to worry about. And my body is finally starting to prepare for letting this kiddo out, so that makes me very happy! Still having lots of braxton hicks, but still nothing painful...just tight and annoying.
Monkey is still measuring >90th percentile...so still big! But not as ginormous as I was fearing. She was estimated at 8 lbs 12 oz yesterday, which is totally doable! I honestly thought she might be in the 9 or 10 lb range, so I'm happy she's not THAT big (yet, lol). And she may even be smaller as these ultrasounds tend to overestimate. The only bummer is that, while she is still on the bigger side, she's not big enough to warrant an eviction notice at this point. In the long run that's probably a good thing as inductions do increase the risk of needing a c-section...but then again, so do big babies! Oh well. While I would definitely like to avoid a c-section if possible (like most women), I'm also not worried about having one should it become necessary. I'm more of a go-with-the-flow type person, and especially with labor there are SO many different ways things can go (good and bad) that I don't care to put myself in a box. For the most part, I know what can happen and I know the different options along the way and we'll decide when we're there. Which is why I'm not making a "birth plan". Don't get me started on those! The only thing I care about is ending up with a healthy baby and healthy Mommy. I don't really care how we get there!
Anywho, sorry for the little rant. All in all Monkey looks healthy, and she passed her BPP (bio-physical profile...basically it's the ultrasound version of the NST)...although she wasn't cooperating at first, little stinker. But she passed, and everything looks good. :-) Next appt is on the 14th and hopefully I'll have made a bit more progress by then. Of course, I wouldn't complain if I never made it to that appt because we have a baby instead! Haha, I can hope, right? :-P My Dr said if I go past my due date we'll talk about inducing so Monkey doesn't get too big. I have an appt scheduled for the 2oth, the day after my due date, so if the little lady is still in there at that point she may be issued an eviction notice at that time (and I don't necessarily mean THAT DAY, but we'd probably schedule something that day). :-)
Come on, baby, you can come out now!!
Just wanted to update on our appt and ultrasound yesterday. Everything is looking good! My blood pressure is still bordering on the high side, but not enough to worry about. And my body is finally starting to prepare for letting this kiddo out, so that makes me very happy! Still having lots of braxton hicks, but still nothing painful...just tight and annoying.
Monkey is still measuring >90th percentile...so still big! But not as ginormous as I was fearing. She was estimated at 8 lbs 12 oz yesterday, which is totally doable! I honestly thought she might be in the 9 or 10 lb range, so I'm happy she's not THAT big (yet, lol). And she may even be smaller as these ultrasounds tend to overestimate. The only bummer is that, while she is still on the bigger side, she's not big enough to warrant an eviction notice at this point. In the long run that's probably a good thing as inductions do increase the risk of needing a c-section...but then again, so do big babies! Oh well. While I would definitely like to avoid a c-section if possible (like most women), I'm also not worried about having one should it become necessary. I'm more of a go-with-the-flow type person, and especially with labor there are SO many different ways things can go (good and bad) that I don't care to put myself in a box. For the most part, I know what can happen and I know the different options along the way and we'll decide when we're there. Which is why I'm not making a "birth plan". Don't get me started on those! The only thing I care about is ending up with a healthy baby and healthy Mommy. I don't really care how we get there!
Anywho, sorry for the little rant. All in all Monkey looks healthy, and she passed her BPP (bio-physical profile...basically it's the ultrasound version of the NST)...although she wasn't cooperating at first, little stinker. But she passed, and everything looks good. :-) Next appt is on the 14th and hopefully I'll have made a bit more progress by then. Of course, I wouldn't complain if I never made it to that appt because we have a baby instead! Haha, I can hope, right? :-P My Dr said if I go past my due date we'll talk about inducing so Monkey doesn't get too big. I have an appt scheduled for the 2oth, the day after my due date, so if the little lady is still in there at that point she may be issued an eviction notice at that time (and I don't necessarily mean THAT DAY, but we'd probably schedule something that day). :-)
Come on, baby, you can come out now!!
And here she is! The right side of the picture and her chin look a little funny because the umbilical cord is right in front of her face, but it's still a really good picture! LOVE those little lips!!
Official maternity pictures are coming once I get the CD at work tonight. :-)
~Abigail~






3 comments:
it's getting close Abigail! I hope your delivery goes wonderfully and she just comes by herself without any induction needed! I am hoping to see some pictures of "Monkey" on the outside of you soon (=
Just searching on the internet because my sister-in-law is being induced today 9/17/10 due to IUGR. Found your site. Incredible. I wish you all the luck! Took me 5 1/2 years to get my 5 boys down here with the first being a miscarriage. Glad Abigail is getting such a wonderful home! Enjoy her! Linda
wow Abby, sooo exciting, and all the best on this whole new chapter of your life, sooooo stoked! will be seeing you sometime, cheerio,
miss gettis
jn11-15
Post a Comment