Hola! I know I've been MIA for a bit. I've been busy. And tired. :-) But now I am on SPRING BREAK and although I still have stuff to accomplish for school, I can relax a little and breath for a few days.
I used The List (from The Grocery Game) again this week and went shopping on Sunday with Scott. We went to Safeway and Frys. I have downgraded my subscription to include JUST Frys for the next billing period because I seem to get the most savings at Frys and I'm tired of going to two stores. Also, I have yet to use the CVS List, so I took that off of my subscription too. If I ever want to add anything back it's super easy, but in the meantime I won't have to pay the extra $5 per store every 8 weeks. :-) So anyway, the most impressive receipt this time was Frys: I spent a total of $31 and SAVED $96. I was shocked! And so was my husband and the checkout lady! It is SOOOO awesome to watch the numbers fall when they scan your store card at the end of the transaction and then scan all the coupons....I purposely wait until the end to hand them my Frys card so I can watch it fall, lol! This week I got FREE 3 packs of toilet paper (again), 4 bags of cat treats, 2 packs of gum, and 2 bags of Quaker rice snacks. There was a BUNCH of stuff that ended up being only 50 cents or $1. OH YEAH, we got 5 boxes of cereal for 50 cents each...one of them was Honey Smacks which I gave to my dad because I remember as a child seeing that in the cereal cupboard with a sticker that said "Dad's", meaning that my brother and I were not to touch it!! Once in a while we got a special bowl of Dad's cereal, and that was always a treat. So when I saw the Honey Smacks I had to buy it for him!
We're still waiting to hear on that house...the same one we've been waiting on since January 26th. We're worried about it appraising for the amount of our offer now because the Full Cash Value listed on the county Assessor's site has now dropped to below our offer price. If it does appraise for less than our offer we could lose it (because our loan is FHA) OR they could give it to us for the price of the appaisal...but we won't know until we see the appraisal. As soon as they accept our offer we're going to have it appraised and if it comes in under our offer we're only going to give them until the end of our 10 day inspection period to decide whether or not they'll lower the price. No more of this waiting 2 months...we dont' want to lose our earnest money. So they're only going to get 10 days to decide or we're canceling the deal and getting our earnest money back. So there! :::sticks out tongue::: BUT we haven't even been accepted yet...
What else, what else...OH!!! I officially worked my last day as a CNA yesterday!! I know I said that back in December too, but this time it is official. :-) They have hired two more CNA's so now there are NO gaps in the schedule for me to pick up even if I wanted to. So now I will be working one day a week as an Extern in Postpartum and one day as HUC (Health Unit Clerk) up in L&D until I graduate in May. Hopefully at that point my supervisor will be able to hire me on and I will start working as an Extern 3 days a week until I get licensed (probably in June)...then I'll officially be an RN!!! AAAAHHH, it's getting close!!!!
I found out that for my Preceptorship for the end of school I'm going to be stuck in Med-Surg. Which STINKS to all corners of the universe (yes, I think I could even smell it on PLUTO!!!), but I've decided that it's only 7 days of my life and it won't kill me. It might scar me for life, but it won't kill me...I think. *Sigh*
For now, I'm going to go to bed. I am Extern-ing in the morning. :-)
Goodnight!
~Abigail~
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Update on Me
Posted by An RN is Born at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I hear you on med-surg.....I am doing my preceptorship on a med-surg floor and it's not my first choice. But mostly everyone has told me that it will be a good experience. I know it's true. But like you, I long for a different area, and it's hard knowing that I could be much more enthusiastic about my work if I were doing it in an area that I enjoyed.
Just 7 days!! You can do it! I've done 4 days so far, and I have 6 more days to go. It teaches you a lot about time management, priorities, checking physician's orders, etc. I wish you the best!
Hey--when the cereal said 'Dad's' you and your brother had your own boxes that you already gobbled down so pfftttt!!
You've waited a long time to be out of the CNA job--good work. (huge grin)
Love you,
Mom
this is Blair (raising_godly_kiddos) from xanga! glad to re-connect on blogspot!
Post a Comment