BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grow Monkey Grow!!

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."
Ephesians 3:20 (NLT)

Today's ultrasound and appointment were WONDERFUL!!! Our little sweetie is measuring 13 days ahead of schedule and a whopping 3lbs 6oz, which puts her in the 80th percentile. You don't know how happy this makes me!! At our 18 week ultrasound she was only in the 30th percentile, which isn't bad so long as she didn't go down drastically. So I was just hoping for 30th or higher today...and she waaay exceeded my expectations!!

I have a theory as to why she was small to start and is now way ahead. I stopped taking the Metformin at ~17 weeks...which is a drug they give to women with gestational diabetes to help control blood sugar (that's not why I was taking it). High blood sugars can cause big babies (along with other complications). So perhaps the Metformin was helping to keep her smaller. Since I've been off of it, she's been growing away!! I dunno, that's just my theory, and could have absolutely NOTHING to do with it at all. However, speaking of Gestational Diabetes, I did take my glocose tolerance test today which tests for that...and hopefully I pass!! And for the record, the "glucola drink" everyone bashes really isn't bad at all...it tastes very much like orange Fanta, only slightly sweeter. I was given a 5 minute time limit to finish it, but I downed all 10 oz in about 30 seconds. Yum yum!!

Another reason I'm so happy with her growth is because it is a good indication that my placenta is likely functioning properly. A poorly functioning placenta can cause "failure to thrive", which prenatally is referred to as Intra-Uterine Growth Restriction (IUGR)....or in layman's terms, small baby syndrome (lol). This can be very serious. Now, you have to be pretty low on the charts (way lower than 30th percentile) to be diagnosed with that, but hopefully you get what I mean: she grew in the right direction!! The reason I was even slightly worried about this is because of my MTHFR mutations, which CAN cause clotting in the placenta which CAN decrease placental effectiveness and CAN cause IUGR. Therefore, the fact that she is measuring so well is very reassuring to me. Who knows if the heparin is responsible for any of this, but this is the reason I have wanted to stay on it up to this point. And for now, I will continue it.

And now for the pictures...

Look at those chubby little cheeks!!
And it looks like she may have a cute little chin dimple! :-D

She totally has her daddy's lips. :-) Profile shot (sorry, not in 3D)
And of course the baby bump at 28w2d. I don't see much difference from two weeks ago, but I can certainly tell she's getting stronger. I'm still not sure where she's hiding, though, because people still tell me I have a "tiny" bump for 28 weeks...but we now know she's measuring 30 weeks...so where is she?? Lol!

Oh yeah, and she is VERTEX (head down)...good job, Monkey!! Perhaps she won't be directionally challenged like her mommy was! I was breech...in my defense, however, I was evicted at just under 35 weeks due to PIH...I MAY still have figured it out if I had been given a few more weeks, LOL!! Or perhaps I just don't like to be upside down... Haha! It's good that she's head down already, but she does still have plenty of time (and room!) to move and flip around...but I'm hoping she doesn't!

OH!!! There may be a small crisis on the bedding issue again. This time it's not my fault. I was checking the status of our order yesterday, and it was showing that the window valance had shipped, but that the bedding set order had been cancelled. WHAT??!? I didn't cancel anything!! So I promptly called customer service, and was told the most likely reason for an order to be cancelled is for inability of the factory to fulfill the order. OHMYFREAKINGGOODNESS!!! She was very nice, and so was I, but I told her that the valance went WITH the bedding set and if I couldn't have the set I certainly didn't want just the valance (DUH!!)...she said I could return it for a full refund when it arrives. Thank goodness. When I hung up, I decided to check the website for the bedding set just to see...and GOFIGURE!! it let me order it again. Good grief. So I did...we'll see what happens this time. It was still listed as "backordered" until 7/12. We shall see...

But seriously...I wanted to cry when I saw "Cancelled". And I seriously don't know what I will do if we can't get this one. It wouldn't be a tragedy of course, just super duper extremely frustrating. Scott says if that happens we should just go back to choice #1...which ironically I didn't even share here on my blog because it was that long ago (and I've changed my mind that many times!!). Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

That's it that's all! :-D

~Abigail~

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comment from a complete stranger here!

I searched "baby chin dimple" on Google and it brought up your 4D ultrasound picture (as well as your blog).

I had my 4D ultrasound pictures done last Monday and it looks as though my son has a chin dimple as well. It's the sweetest thing!